Can we say it's been forever since we've posted on this site? Our lives have been crazy hectic busy in 2010. Now the year is almost to an end and I think it's time for an update.
I'm going to try to do this in a timely fashion.
January: WOW Dasia is 11yr! Garrin is 10yr! Happy birthday kiddo's! Dee had a Twilight theme party. It was lots of fun. The kids dressed up as vampires and ate italian for dinner (from the Twilight movie). They had crazy gothic black make up on and red lips. They had black teeth too from the black birthday cake. haha..
Garrin's birthday, we went and had pizza and went ice skating. That was lots of fun. Garrin got a chance to hang out with 2 of his best friends, Joey & Ryan.
In February we went to Utah because I received my temple recommend! The day before I received my endowments at Mt. Timpanogas, I went shooting with Uncle Bo, Jason & Dev and 15 mins of shooting, I got struck on my left temple by a 45 cal ricochet that Jason was shooting. It hit my head, and then bounced off of Devin's chest. Devin was fine, but I wasn't! I was seeing stars and bleed like crazy. It ended up to be a 1 cm gouge out of my temple. The Doc said I was lucky it didnt hit my eye or hit it just right on my temple. No stitches, just lots of liquid bandage!
Anyways, I received my endowments the very next day with my sisinlaw Mariah. What a beautiful day it was.. a great feeling inside the beautiful temple. Afterwards, family & friends gathered at Nana & Papa's house and we had appetizers. nommies!
April: Brenna's 8! thats great! But she still looks like she is 6 years old. hahaha.. Brenna eat your veggies! For Brenna's bday we went to Folsom Lake Bowl. We had a small party with some close friends. She got a cool gold bowling pin that everybody signed. Go brenna!
May: I FINALLY graduated from Sacramento State University with a Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice. What a big weight off my shoulders! With this degree, I plan on to continue to pursue my law enforcement career as an officer/agent somewhere. With the Economy being a big mess and lack of funding within our Department I don't know how soon that will be. I do know that I am greatful to have a job that pays well with all the nice benefits that go along with it.
June: When I was at work, a guy called asking if he can donate a dog to our K9 association. I told him we dont take strays and offered to take the dog from him. Sure enough, I ended up with Hurley! He was my birthday gift to me! Hurley was 10 months at the time I got him. A full blooded German Shepherd! He was turned into the pound after being found walkin up and down Folsom Blvd. in Rancho Cordova. My dog is a gangsta.. word up!
Honestly, I don't remember what I did for my birthday. I'm bad! I just know that I turned 28. haaha..
July 4th - We went back to Saratoga Springs, Utah. WOW can we say a lot of kids! I think there was about 30 kids and 20 adults. Seriously. No joke.. It wasn't like second cousins or second anything.. it was first. I had to lock myself in Jays apartment downstairs for a few. All in all, it was lots of fun.. and lots of food.. We (Dev/Uncle Bo & I) drove up to Wyoming and were going to be rebels and purchase illegal fireworks, but we didn't and ended up spending $300 on fireworks :P
I also got a chance to drive down to Vegas and visited Mindy & Jessica. I had lots of fun out there. I miss my bestie! We got a chance to check out ARIA.. beautiful hotel.. I want to stay there some day!
September - Devin & I FINALLY got our open water dive certifications! We obtained our cert through Fisheye Scuba, Folsom. Awesome people there. We did our open water dive in Monterey at Breakwater and dove about 42ft deep! It's a whole different world down there. I highly recommend it! I got a chance to swim with a sea otter! It was cute. I dont think Dev saw it cause it was moving way too fast for him to follow. Wahoo!
Devin's Birthday, we all went to Old Spaghetti factory. The kids wanted to take him to Monster Golf for his birthday so we went there afterwards. It was lots of fun.
October - WE MOVED! We moved from the tiny bachelor pad townhome into a 4 bedroom house down the street. Yay! The house is perfect for all of us.
Halloween:: Kids and I went trick or treating with Michele, Tyler, Katie & Ray. Dee was a Black Widow and Trinity was a Dark Fairy. Garrin was a Zombie & Brenna was a vampire (i think?). It was lots of fun. I had to work that night too, and thankfully it wasnt crazy busy.
November - We decided to celebrate Thanksgiving at home this year -- My mom & stepdad came up and celebrated with me, dev, dee and trin.. Gare and Bren was at their mom's house. We made a deep fried turkey, apple cranberry stuffing, xtina's death potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin trifle, and candied yams. noms! Mom gave each kid $40 and gave dev and I a wrapped gift which i'm not spos to open till xmas. My stepdad loved Hurley and hung out with him most of the time.
November 28th was a bad day. Sgt. called me and told me my best friend (one of the very few) Troy Thompson was in a very bad accident. She didnt know that his wife, 2 kids and mother was also in that car accident. Go here to view Troy's recovery blog. I love the Thompson Family and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.
Here is what I put from my last visit with him on Dec 9th 2010:
Just visited with Troy the last hour and a half.. He has greatly improved.. Was sitting upright half awake (didnt sleep much last night).....Right when I walked in and said "hey Troy, it's me Chris" he opened his eyes and whispered something. I asked if he remembered me-- he looked at me and he nodded yes :)
Held his hand the whole time talking to him and could of sworn I saw him smirking trying to smile. I told him everybody sends their love and Kayla sez hi and he opened his eyes ...
I gave Troy hugs and kisses told him we missed him & loved him, he gave kisses back. Then opened his eyes and tried to stand up!
The nurse gave him a popsicle and he was able to tell us what it is, what color it is, opened it and began eating it. I asked if it was nommies he replies the typical Troy response "Ehh" and semi shrugged his shoulder and tried to offer it to me.. He then sat up, So the nurses and I got his pants on. While we were tying his pants, he started bouncing around, tryin to move his head side to side and we asked him "what's going on Troy?" he looks at me and says "The Happy Dance!" twice...
Lol he so funny.. So he did his 2 laps around the icu and went and laid back down..
I kissed him goodbye, told him we see him soon he whispered something and I go "What??" he says, "Watch out for the Escapees"... Lmao--
when I got there earlier I had told Devin that I could sit with Troy 24-7 and it's not like sitting on a med run watching a prisoner.. Maybe he got a glimpse of that conversation... Lol
Miss you bud come home soon!
December - is still pending :)
No comments:
Post a Comment