On Wednesday, Christmas Eve, Devin drove down to Monrovia with the kiddies because I had to work. They went to Troy and Bonnie's and hung out there. Afterwards, they went to Krissy's house to sleep. Devin and Krissy stayed up till 2am to finish wrapping the kids presents.
On Thursday, Christmas Day, I got off work at 5am and had my co worker take me to the airport. My flight took off at 750am and landed in Ontario at 845am. I hate flying solo, especially when it's raining out. That's the scariest thing. What didn't help was that the news talked about how a plane in Chicago took off on the runway, hit some ice and slid off the path. Wow thats great, just great!!! Everytime I freaked out because of turbulence and shakes I kept reminding myself that i was only 10 ft from the ground, and it worked.
When I got to SoCal we headed over to Troy's house to open gifts. The kids were so happy! Nana gave us a cool chocolate basket and gave me a nice hand sewn blankie! I love it! I loved it so much that i fell asleep for 3 hours on the couch! Grandma, Grandpa and David came over and we all had Christmas Dinner together. We had turkey, funeral potatos, greenbeans, limabeans/bacon, rolls, jello, and ham. Everything was really good. Afterwards, Nana, Riah, Trin and Dasia played a card game and the game of Life. Afterwards we all went to bed.
Friday, we (As in all adults) went to go see "Valkryie". It was a good movie, depressing but good. Afterwards i went to Krissy's house to help decorate the girls birthday cake she made. It was a cute candy sugar loaded princess castle cake. Kris is soo sweet..i love that girl!
After we finished the cake and ate at Troy and Bonnie's, Uncle Allen and Sherry and their two daughters Chelsea and Malorie showed up from Utah. They were very nice and said many kind words to Devin and I. We then went to Krissy's house to watch "Baby's Mama" and went to bed.
Saturday, we drove back up to Sacramento. I got pulled over for speeding by CHP but they let us go. Nice!
Devin had to go to work and I had my second interview for my baptism with Mission President Dalton. He was very kind. He said I was so ready to be baptised. I am blessed :)
Devin went to work and I took Papa and the kids (Dee, Gare-bear, Trin, & Brenna bug) to dinner @ Applebees. Papa and I had steak and shrimp..hmmm soo good!! It was a very nice dinner. I got to have one on one time with Papa. Afterwards, we all went home and went to sleep. ZzzZzzz
More to follow.....................
No comments:
Post a Comment