This Thanksgiving, Devin, Dasia, Trinity and I spent our dinner with my extended family members Sister Grisel & her husband Ed (our groomsman!), their 2 boys Rocco 4yr & Dylan 6yr, Grandma Pam, Laura & her Husband Matt & Lilly-5yr & baby boy-1 month , Brenda & her boyfriend Joey & daughter Destiny- 5yr, and Ed's brother Matt with his wife & daughter 3yr & son 2yr. Garrin and Brenna spent Thanksgiving with their mother.
Dasia, Rocco, Trinity, Curly, Dylan, Destiny, baby boy, Lily
Grisel & Ed had rented a neat little 3 bedroom vacation home located in Paradise, Ca. It was pretty woodsy and reminded me of the Santa Cruz Mountains. It took us about 2 hours to get there from Cameron Park. The drive was pretty boring and i'm sure Devin got tired of me talking about our wedding..hahaha..The neatest thing about the house was that it had an indoor 15 person jacuzzi! The kids had soo much fun swimming!
Good times in the Jacuzzi!
Thanksgiving dinner was a blast! We brought over a 10lb spiral cut ham..it was soo good.. As soon as I arrived there, I was in the kitchen making brownies & Krissie's cucumbers! We didn't get there until around noon so Devin missed out on going shooting with the guys in Lassen Forrest. Dinner was served at around 4 pm. We had 3 different turkeys! #1 Baked turkey stuffed w/apples & onions, #2 Deep fried turkey & #3 super butter injected oven baked turkey. We had Ed's special stuffing made w/real cranberries (yuum), mashed potatoes, candied yams, biscuits, and crock pot ham. Everything tasted very yummy! I made a cool triple layer brownie which was sooooo good. It tasted like a Reese's peanut butter cup.
Thanksgiving Photos from Grisel's Camera: http://picasaweb.google.com/griselnoemilorente/Thanksgiving#5275083497528666754
The next day, the girls decided they wanted to stay with my family because they all were going to take a Field trip to Lassen Forrest to cut down their Christmas tree.
Fun times @ Lassen Forrest
Laura, Dasia, Brenda, Trinity, Dylan, Grandma Pam, Ed & Rocco
Trinity, Grisel, Brenda, Destiny and Dasia
Mornin' Sunshine!
Quick pic
Devin and I headed back to Cameron Park and picked up Garrin & Brenna around 2pm. We went to Costco and picked up 56 battery operated candles which came out to be only $27.98!! (for our wedding centerpieces). From there, we went to go watch "Madagascar 2 : Escape from Africa" at Century Theatres in Folsom. Afterwards, we went to Home Depot and bought our 7 ft Noble Fir Christmas tree for $40. What a deal! =P
For dinner that night, we all went and had sushi at "Kobe Sushi" in Cameron Park. On Saturday, Garrin & Brenna went to their grandparents house. Devin and I didn't really know what to do since we didn't have the kids. It was the weirdest feeling being without them! So...we went and got ice cream in waffle cones and went shopping. Afterwards, Devin and I went to work..what a looooooooong shift.
On Sunday (11/30/08), Devin and I went to Sacrament meeting and had a meeting with the Bishop. It turned out pretty nice. I officially met the Bishop's wife, Sister Preciado, the Bishop's first and second counselors and 2 missionaries who are going to give me the discussions beginning this Friday. I also found out that the second counselor, Brad Jeppesen, grew up with my Lieutenant Mike Goold and Rancho Cordova's Chief of Police Reuben Meeks and that the Bishop was good friends with Sheriff John Mcginness. What a small world!
I picked the girls up from my sis around noon and Theresa watched them while we went to work that night. What a long day!





1 comment:
Welcome to the Rookie bloggers club. It looks good so far. I haven't offically said my congratulations to you...so Congrats!! I am also excited to hear about your appointment with the missionaries. Remember that if you have any questions, the missionaries are a great resource, but I am also willing to help out. Just let me know.
Post a Comment