Today was a good day. I woke up this morning and went to school (yippee =P)..Afterwards Devin and I went to the Californa State Capitol to check out the grounds there for our wedding ceremony. We found a few neat sites that would do for our wedding. We also got a chance to walk inside the Capitol and listen to some Harp players play Christmas music while we were there. Fridays between 10am & 230pm is the only time Devin and I really have to be alone while the kids are in school. I look forward to this time slot..hahaha...
Anywho, afterwards we went to go check out some of the colors for our Bridesmaids. Claret is the official color. We checked out Bridal Mart but they did not carry our Designer line "Alfred Angelo" Mix & Match seperates.
We then headed up to Folsom and went to "Delarosa Bridal & Tux". They were sooooo helpful there and showed us 3 different designers "impressions, eden bridals and Alfred Angelo" shades of Claret (it was all the same..hahah). I am looking forward to them helping me with the gowns. They were awesome.
After we gathered the chitlins from school, we went home and cleaned Devin's house like crazy because the missionaries were coming! We finished up putting up 75% of the Holiday Decor right before they came over. The kids enjoyed the discussion and we are looking forward to the upcoming discussions.
Today they talked about the plan of salvation and used little puzzles to make it interesting for them. The holy spirit was known as Spirit Bob. Hahaha...
I also got a chance to talk to them about how I was also looking forward to learning and they didnt need to try to persuade me because i was passed that. I told them that I wanted them to teach me more so I can have a better understanding. They were shocked to hear that I had my own scriptures and that i've been doing my own research for the past 6 months. woo hoo!!
The missionaries will be coming back next Friday for the second discussion and Dinner that Devin offered to make..haah yea right, Devin cook? hehe love you!
After the missionaries left, we went to the Christmas party at the ward. We had a good time. I told a couple of the ward members that we were getting married and they totally jumped right in and offered to help. They had Drapes for the ceiling canopy, silverware, table cloths & extra help! I'm so excited!!
Sister Preciado made the whole ward sing The Twelve Days of Christmas but we had to "reword" it with something that the church offered to us..it was pretty hillarious. It kinda went like this:
On the first day of Christmas Green Valley Ward gave to me,
"a bishop and a fam-ily treeee"
"2 many meetings"
"3 hours of church"
"4 more meetings"
"5 slices of ham"
"6 weekends cleaning"
"7 scouts are hiding"
"8 years till baptism"
"9" (i forget)
"10 babies crying"
"11 future baptisms"
"12" (i forget)
We had a nice dinner and watched the youths sing & play musical instruments.
After church, Devin and the kids went home and now i'm at work. sigh. I wish I was home with the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment